Before you reach out to buy that so-called healthy supplement that is going to make you feel better remarkably, take a few moments to read what other ingredients it’s packing. A cursory look will reveal that most manufacturers fill their supplements with what can only be labelled as “toxic” or potentially dangerous ingredients.
Here are some of the most common offenders.
- Preservatives: sodium benzoate, sodium nitrite, BHA, BHT, TBHQ
- Sweeteners and artificial sweeteners: fructose, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame
- Flavour enhancers: monosodium glutamate (MSG), hydrolyzed soy protein, autolyzed yeast extract
- Artificial colors: FD&C Blue Nos. 1 and 2, FD&C Green No. 3, FD&C Red Nos. 3 and 40, FD&C Yellow Nos. 5 and 6, Orange B, Citrus Red No. 2
- Mac & Cheese
- Toxic ingredients: Colouring agents yellow 5 and yellow 6
- Sports drinks such as Gatorade, etc
- Toxic ingredients Colouring agents
- Fat-Free chips
- Toxic ingredients: Olestra (aka Olean)
- Citrus flavoured soda
- Toxic ingredients: Brominated vegetable oils (BVO)
- Cereals & many snacks
- Toxic Ingredients: BHA and BHT
- Regular milk and Yogurt
- Toxic ingredients: rBGH and rBST
Now that’s not all, after all why waste toxic ingredients when you call sell them to the cosmetic industry and make turn poison into dollars. The following clip illustrates how many companies put dangerous ingredients into their cosmetic products all the while claiming that they are only looking out for your best interests. Now you know why; you don’t look so great after purchasing that $100 bottle of cream that was supposed to shave ten years of your life.